1. Tell us about yourself
I grew up here in grapevine! During school I never did sports. I actually dreaded PE. I did gymnastics on an outside team for a little bit but never got far in it. Nowadays I’m here in Lewisville with my man, 3 doggos and a bunny!
2. Why did you decide to pursue Crossfit?
I got into CrossFit from a coworker. He’s still a good friend of mine to this day. But he always talked about it and here I was stuck at LA fitness not knowing what I was doing every time I walked in. So I found a box near my house and have been hooked ever since.
3. How long have you been a member of Crossfit3040?
4. What is your favorite benchmark/hero Wod and why?
I haven’t done too many hero WODS but I did get thru half of Murph without dying which was exciting.
5. What do you consider your proudest moment or greatest accomplishment at Crossfit3040?
Oh man so many! But definitely getting 4/5 open workouts RX. Last year I wasn’t able to do any of them I had to scale everything. So getting almost all of them was a huge accomplishment
6. How has getting in shape changed your life?
Confidence! Honestly it’s the biggest boost when you know your strong and can lift as heavy as the boys. And it transfers into every day life too. Finding something you love and a community around you loving the same thing, it’s a really amazing feeling. I just perform so much better throughout the day. You can always tell by my mood if I had been to the gym that day or not.
7. What are some of your favorite things to do outside of Crossfit?
Honestly I feel like work takes over most days. But I love hanging with my pups, sand volleyball and the pool during the summer, retail therapy, and I’m always down for a good margarita.