1. Tell us about yourself (family, pets, past athletics, where you grew up)
I grew up in Germany (Army Brat) and moved to Texas when I was 13. I graduated from Denton High and attended UNT and received my bachelors in Criminal Justice. I currently work as a Probation Officer for Mental Health in Collin County. I recently got married last September and I have an 11 year old (turning 12 in July) going to the 7th grade. I also have Frenchie named Zoey. I really don’t have much of an athletic background. I’ve always been pretty tall, lanky and uncoordinated most of my life. J
2. Why did you decide to pursue CrossFit?
Before CrossFit the only thing I used to do was run on a treadmill at LA Fitness. I remember being terrified of weights and would avoid them at all cost. I began my CrossFit journey back in 2012 back at CrossFit NTX located in Denton to just try out something different. I started getting comfortable with the barbell (slowly but surely) and eventually had a passion for just weightlifting. My old gym eventually switched up their owners in 2015 and weightlifting was frowned upon there- so a friend of mine recommended I check out CrossFit 3040 and I’ve been a pain in Willie and Emily’s life ever since. J
3. How long have you been a member of Crossfit3040?
4. What is your favorite benchmark/hero Wod and why?
Weightlifting- Snatch being my favorite lift. No better feeling then hitting a heavy snatch perfectly!
5. What do you consider your proudest moment or greatest accomplishment at Crossfit3040?
Going from a 75kilo lifter to a 69kilo lifter. Cleaned up my diet and cut back on my drinking.
6. How has getting in shape changed your life?
Working out is definitely a stress reliever & a confidence booster for me.
7. What are some of your favorite things to do outside of CrossFit?
Eating & spending time with my family & friends.